Why IV Nutrients?
We offer IV Nutrient Therapy at our office for many reasons. Whether you are chronically fatigued, not absorbing your oral vitamins, or need help with a quick energy boost … IV Nutrient Therapy may be just the right thing for you!
Here are a few of the IV Nutrition services we offer:
- High Dose Vitamin C
- Myer’s Cocktail IV
- IV Glutathione
- IV Magnesium and Electrolytes
- B12 injections – read more about the different types of B12 injections below
You can read about what some patients are saying about IV nutrient therapy in the Success Stories Tab!
Hydroxy B12 Injections
Hydroxocobalamin is a natural form of B12 that is the second most common form found in the blood, and it is the most prevalent B12 form in natural foods. Hydroxocobalamin injections are particularly advantageous because hydroxocobalamin is remarkably well absorbed by the body. Therefore, in many countries, it is the standard for vitamin B12 injections (compared to the synthetic alternative cyanocobalamin). An untreated vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to an array of health issues ranging from fatigue to neurological problems. The most obvious benefit of receiving vitamin B-12 shots is treating a vitamin B-12 deficiency and avoiding its associated symptoms.
B-12 shots can reduce the risk of some serious complications associated with vitamin B-12 deficiency including:
- heart disease
- neurocognitive disorders
- coordination problems (ataxia)
- peripheral neuropathy
- vision loss
- infertility (although this usually resolves with B-12 treatment)
- neural tube defects in the babies of women with B-12 deficiency
Methyl B12 Injections
Methyl B12 injections are a methylated form of B12. Out of the B12 family, only methyl B12, or MB12 has the ability to activate the methylation biochemical pathway directly because of the donation of a “methyl” group. Although it sounds complex, it’s actually a simple but essential chemical process that is happening constantly in your body. Methylation involves adding a ‘methyl group’ onto other chemical compounds which then allows the body to do most of its processes. Because it is so essential, and because of our busy lifestyles and nutrient-depleted foods, it could be that many of us need support when it comes to methylation.
MIC B12 Injections
MIC B12 is a fat burning, liver supporting, energy producing injection that can be used to facilitate weight loss or simply for general health.
What is in a MIC B12 injection:
- Methionine, an essential amino acid, helps the liver breakdown fats, lowers cholesterol, relieves fatigue and helps allergies by lowering histamine release
- Inositol, a B vitamin, helps the breakdown of fats, lowers cholesterol, and helps control mood and appetite
- Choline, an essential nutrient, helps the liver breakdown fats and excrete toxins
- B12, a vitamin that boosts energy and overall metabolic rate, assists in the burning of stored body fat, helps detox, and helps regulate sleep, mood, and appetite